· Main agenda of Turkey today is the expected snow storm in Trakya and Marmara regions – Turkish Airlines cancelled 142 flights out of Ataturk and Sabiha Gokcen airports scheduled for today and tomorrow.
· Prime Minister Davuoglu will meet CHP leader Kilicdaroglu to discuss the articles of the New Constitution and 2016 budget today. These are scheduled talks with every political party leader represented in the Parliament except pro-Kurdish party. Press conferences after the meeting today will be closely followed – expectations for something concrete from today’s meeting are extremely low since CHP leader Kilicdaroglu has repeatedly stated that his party is against any form of Executive Presidency.
· BIST100 lost 0.4% USD in sluggish trade yesterday despite Sabanci Holding (SAHOL) share repurchase announcement --- SAHOL holds the 6th largest weight in BIST100 at 4.9% and rallied 1.8% USD yesterday. Manufacturing index was the main reason for the weakness in BIST with 0.9% USD sell-off. Both EM and EM EMEA were flat yesterday.
· BIST100 is trading below 50-100-200 dma in both TRY and USD basis: ‘’SELL’’ formation continues. 22-dma for both TRY and USD are short-term support.
- On TRY basis; 22-dma = 73.6k; last night close = 73.9k
- On USD basis; 22-dma = $25.2k; last night close = $25.4k
· BRSA NOV DATA > TK banking sector posts TRY2,677m net profit in Nov ‘15 => +8% m-m & +45% y-y on the back of higher contribution of CPI linkers and lower specific provisions. Mthly RoE @ 12.5%, up from 11.82% in Oct ‘15. The Nov print brings the cumulative NI growth to 5.6% from 2.2% in Oct. With the Nov figure, the avg mthly income so far in 4Q15 is 46% higher than 3Q15 mthly avg.
· ASYAB (N/R) > Bank Asya announced it was fined TRY14.9m by the tax authority related to corporate tax of 2010, 2011 and 2012.